Breaks allow you to set a total number of minutes your employee should be taking for their breaks in a given day. For example, if your employees are to take two 15 minute breaks throughout the day, allow for 30 minutes of break time in their schedule.
Data for breaks can be found in the new Manage Time Clock and Labor Reports section of the Jolt web portal.
1. Login to the Jolt Web Portal, go to Settings then Location.
2. Under Scheduling Settings select Allow Unpaid Breaks.
3. You can also set a Default Break Length (minutes) to make your Schedule building process more streamlined.
4. Save the changes before leaving the page.
1. Navigate to Scheduling then Schedule.
2. Begin building your schedule and create a shift for an employee. You will see the option to set a specified amount of break time for each persons shift. Otherwise, Jolt will default the amount break time to your Location Settings.
3. Labor forecasting is updated live as the schedule is being built. This will help you dial in exactly what your labor cost will be for any given day.
After everything is enabled, the schedule is built and the Jolt Beta App is downloaded employees can begin clocking out for breaks.
1. Select a profile that is clocked in.
2. Input the four-digit pin associated with your profile.
3. Once a picture is taken select START BREAK.
a. A confirmation will display once the break has started.
b. Employees who are on break display under the Status as BRK in yellow.
4. Once the break is over select the profile again to enter in the four-digit pin.
a. The break time will display below the picture as well as how much break time you have remaining for the day.
5. Select End Break and then it will confirm that the break has ended.