After ordering the Day of the Week Labels from the Supplies page, you will need to create a special template within Jolt in order to properly mark the day of the week.
- In order to create a new label template, login to the Jolt Web Portal and select "Content">"Labels"
- Now select the templates tab, and select the green “New Template” button.
- Name your template, then from the Starter Template menu, select either Transact 2.187”x1.1” or the Transact 2.187”x2”. Then select the “Create” button.
- Notice there are two main sections for this label template. The top section is where the day of the week will appear. In the “Field Name”, select “Cook Time” to see today’s day of the week, whereas select “Consume By”, “Enjoy By”, or “Expiration” to have the expiration day visible.
- You can now add other items to your label (such as the item name, prep date, duration, employee name etc.) by selecting the “+” button in the green square. That will pull up the below window.
- In order to add a new row, select the “+” button within the purple box. For more information on custom label templates, please refer to the Custom Label Templates article.
- Once the appropriate fields have been added to your template, select the save button.
- Now, navigate to the “Labels” tab and you can create specific labels using this template. Please refer to the Create Labels and Categories article for more information on creating the individual labels from the template.
- Important Note: One final important step. In order for the day of the week labels to be properly oriented, on the device used for printing labels, in the Jolt app navigate to “Settings”>”Printers”. Select the printer you are using with the Day of the Week labels and change the “Label Orientation” to “Inverted”.