When first attempting to connect sensors to your account, you will need to begin by configuring your Sensor Hub to your Wi-Fi network. This Hub gathers the temperature readings from the sensors, then through Wi-Fi, it will send the data to your account page on jolt.com
The steps below will walk through the process of configuring the Sensor Hub with a laptop or computer to the Wi-Fi and connecting it to your Jolt account. If you are looking to instead configure your hub with a tablet device, please visit the article Configure Sensor Hub From Tablet
*PLEASE NOTE* The sensor hub is only able to configure to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Network. It will not be able to configure to a 5.0 GHz network.
Install the Hub
1. Plug the provided power cord into the Micro USB port on the far right of the sensor hub. The sensor hub will automatically turn on when plugged in. Give the hub 30 seconds to power on completely.
2. Plug the Hub into a power source and place it in a low traffic area. Place the hub as close to the sensors it will be connected to as possible. A command strip will be included with the hub. Feel free to use this for installation purposes.
NOTE: If you are putting a sensor in a walk-in refrigerator or freezer, the hub needs to be placed directly outside the unit and as close to the sensor as it can be. If possible, the preferred placement is to have the hub and sensor placed "back-to-back" on each side of the wall. This will greatly reduce the chance of connectivity loss.
Configure The Hub
Log into Jolt.com and navigate to the Sensors page on the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
1. Select the Hubs tab, then select the CONNECT HUB button.
2. A pop-up screen will display and your device will now begin to search for Sensor Hubs that are within range. When the Mac Address for your sensor hub displays, select the address and then click Pair.
3. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the Wi-Fi password.
a. The hub will not be able to configure to your network if the network has any secondary authentication steps (I.E. Accepting terms and conditions, a login profile).
4. Name your hub. It is the best practice that this name relates to the physical location of the hub.
5. The hub will begin configuring and will then display a success message. Click Done.
a. If it was not successful, attempt to connect a second time. If it is still unsuccessful, follow the sensor troubleshooting steps found here
6. You will now see the new hub that you have configured under the hubs tab. There will also be a mac address listed which will be different from the address displayed in step 3.
a. If the Mac address doesn’t show up immediately, refresh the page until it appears. This may need to be done a few times.
Once you have confirmed the hub is configured, you may now connect sensors if necessary. The instructions on connecting sensors are found in the article here.
If you are in need of assistance during this setup process, please reach out to Jolt Techincal Support
Jolt Technical Support
1(877) 396-4112 Ext. 1
M - F / 7 AM - 6 PM MDT