Before connecting sensors, you will need to have configured your sensor hub(s) to your Wi-Fi network and Jolt account. If you have not done this, please follow the steps contained in the article Configure Sensor Hub before proceeding to connect your sensors.
1. Before beginning, take note of and write down the ID number on the back of the sensors you will be installing.
2. Plan where your sensors are going, keeping in mind that it is best to have a hub within a few feet of all sensors you will be installing.
NOTE: If you are putting a sensor in a walk-in refrigerator or freezer, a sensor hub needs to be placed directly outside the unit and as close to the sensor as it can be. If possible, the preferred placement is to have the hub and sensor placed "back-to-back" on each side of the wall. This will greatly reduce the chance of connectivity loss.
3.Place and secure your sensors in the areas you have chosen.
Connect the sensor
1. Login to the Jolt website, then go to Content and then Sensors
2. While in the sensors tab, there will be a blue banner which will tell you how many sensors are ready to be connected. Click on the Connect Sensor Devices button.
3. This will bring up a list of sensor ID’s that are being picked up by the hub you configured. Add a name to each Sensor ID. If you are setting up multiple sensors at one time, you can connect multiple sensors from this page.
a. It is best practice to name the sensors after the location they are placed. For example, instead of naming the sensor "Sensor 1" name it "North Fridge #1".
After you have saved these names your sensors will now be connected to your account in Jolt and temperatures should begin to be sent to the sensor hub.
If you are in need of assistance during this setup process, please reach out to Jolt Techincal Support
Jolt Technical Support
1(877) 396-4112 Ext. 1
M - F / 7 AM - 6 PM MDT