Android App: Jolt Employee Management
Apple App: Jolt 2
There are four setup options available, it is not required or necessary to connect to all four.
Wi-Fi (Recommended for Wireless Connections)
This is a more reliable connection and resolves any problems with staying connected. The Wi-Fi must be a private network (in other words, a password protected network).
Bluetooth (Not Recommended)
This is not a reliable connection and it will disconnect more often, especially with other Tablets and iPad's in the building or if the iPad is frequently moved more than 15 feet from the printer.
USB (Recommended for Cable Connections)
This is only available for Android (non-Apple) devices, it does not require Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Refer to the USB Zebra Printer Setup article for more information.
Ethernet (Recommended for Cable Connections)
Connect the printer to a router to ensure it stays connected, refer to the article Ethernet | Zebra Printer Setup.
1. Open the Jolt App, go to Settings then Printers.
2. In the bottom right corner select the blue plus button to begin setup.
a. Accept any pairing requests that display, the serial number will match the one on the bottom of the printer.
3. Select the Zebra Printer, it begins with 50J and is followed by a series of numbers.
4. The printer will begin to connect, when prompted insert the Password, then select Connect.
a. If the printer is already connected to Wi-Fi or not required, it will skip this step.
b. If Bluetooth is the preferred connection, skip this option, this is not recommended.
5. Once the printer is connected, to the preferred connection, select Continue.
a. Retry as needed, and select Test Print to confirm the preferred connection.
6. Give the Printer a name. (i.e. Kitchen Printer, Office Printer)
7. Choose a Label Size then select Done.
8. The printer will display followed by the available connections.