Before connecting sensors, you will need to configure your sensor hub(s) to your Wi-Fi network and Jolt account. If you have not done this, please follow the steps contained in the article Configure Sensor Hub before proceeding to connect your sensors.
1. Before placing your sensors in their locations, take note of and write down the ID number on the back of the sensors you will be installing.
2. Plan where your sensors are going, keeping in mind that it is best to have a hub within a few feet of all sensors you will be installing. Remember that each sensor you order will come with two zip ties and one 3M Adhesive Pad which can be used for installation purposes.
NOTE: If you are putting a sensor in a walk-in refrigerator or freezer, a sensor hub needs to be placed directly outside the unit and as close to the sensor as it can be. If possible, the preferred placement is to have the hub and sensor placed "back-to-back" on each side of the wall. This will greatly reduce the chance of connectivity loss.
3. Place and secure your sensors in the areas you have chosen. There will be
Connect the sensor
1. Open the Jolt app on your device, then go to Tools > Sensors > Sensors
2. You will see a list of all sensors within range of the hubs you have configured. Note the ID numbers which are found on the back of the sensors.
3. Select a sensor you would like to connect to your location. Add a display name to the sensor. Then select SAVE.
a. It is best practice to name the sensors after the location they are placed to help with record keeping. For example, instead of naming the sensor "Sensor 1", name it "North Fridge #1".
4. Once you have saved the sensor, it will be connected to your account. You will now see the sensor you have named at the top of the list of sensors on the device, with its accompanying ID number.
This completes the sensor set up process. Repeat for as many sensors as you need to connect.
If you are in need of assistance during this setup process, please reach out to Jolt Techincal Support
Jolt Technical Support
1(877) 396-4112 Ext. 1
M - F / 7 AM - 6 PM MDT