When first attempting to connect sensors to your account, you will need to begin by configuring your Sensor Hub to your Wi-Fi network. This Hub gathers the temperature readings from the sensors, then through Wi-Fi, it will send the data to the account page on jolt.com
The steps below will walk through the process of configuring the Sensor Hub to the Wi-Fi and connecting it to your Jolt account.
*PLEASE NOTE* The sensor hub is only able to configure to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Network. It will not be able to configure to a 5.0 GHz network.
Install the Hub
1. Plug the provided power cord into the Micro USB port on the far right of the sensor hub. The sensor hub will automatically turn on when plugged in. Give the hub 30 seconds to power on completely.
2. Plug the Hub into a power source and place it in a low traffic area. Place the hub as close to the sensors it will be connected to as possible. A command strip will be included with the hub. Feel free to use this for installation purposes.
NOTE: If you are putting a sensor in a walk-in refrigerator or freezer, the hub needs to be placed directly outside the unit and as close to the sensor as it can be. If possible, the preferred placement is to have the hub and sensor placed "back-to-back" on each side of the wall. This will greatly reduce the chance of connectivity loss.
Configure The Hub
If you are using an iOS (Apple) device, you will need to download the Jolt 2 app which supports the sensors feature. After downloading the app, connect your location to the app by following the steps contained in the article here. After you have connected to the location, you can configure your hub(s) by following the steps below.
1. Go to the Jolt (Jolt 2 on iOS) app on your device, then navigate to Tools > Sensors > Hubs
2. Click the Green (+) button in the bottom right corner to add a hub
3. Using Bluetooth, the device will search for the Hub. After a few moments, the Mac Address for the hub will display on the screen. Select the hub that you are trying to configure.
a. If the hub does not appear, ensure that the Hub is plugged in and within a couple feet of the device you are using.
4. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to use from the network drop down. Enter the network password. Click Next.
5. Name the Hub. This will be the display name of the Hub within your account on the Jolt website.
6. Click connect. The Hub will then take a few moments to configure. A message will then display saying the setup was successful.
a. If it was not successful, attempt to connect a second time. If it is still unsuccessful, follow the sensor troubleshooting steps found here
Verify the hub is connected to your Jolt account
Log in to your account on jolt.com. Go to Content and then Sensors
1. Select the Hubs tab. There you will see the new hub that you have configured, as well as the Mac Address that was displayed earlier on the device.
a. If the Mac address doesn’t show up immediately, refresh the page until it appears. This may need to be done a few times.
2. Once you have confirmed the hub is configured, you may now connect sensors if necessary. The instructions on connecting sensors are found in the article here.
If you are in need of assistance during this setup process, please reach out to Jolt Techincal Support
Jolt Technical Support
1(877) 396-4112 Ext. 1
M - F / 7 AM - 6 PM MDT