The current iPad on Apple’s website is our number one recommended device and is the most performant, reliable, and long lived, value-retaining device that we have identified in its price range (6th Generation).
All iOS 12 capable devices with 2GB RAM and 1.5 GHz processors or higher are fully supported.
iPad 6th Generation, 2018 (2GB RAM / 2.3 GHz) $330 new
iPad Mini 5th Generation, 2019 (3GB RAM / 2.49 GHz) $399 new
- Sixth Generation iPads are the best option as they will last the longest and have the greatest value.
- Fourth generation iPads are compatible, however, it is likely they will not be supported by Apple in the very near future. They were released in 2012 and the hardware is getting to its end-of-life cycle.
- First, Second, and Third Generation iPad's are not compatible with Jolt as they are no longer supported by Apple. They are also limited to iOS9 which poses multiple potential security risks due to no security updates happening for several years.
Android devices with 4GB RAM and 2 GHz processors or higher are fully supported. (2016 or newer and from a reputable/established manufacturer like Samsung)
- Android devices with only 1GB of RAM are NOT supported.
- After extensive testing, Kindles are no longer supported due to the hardware/software restrictions that we have found. They are simply not able to provide a good user experience.
For Label Printing ONLY:
Acer Iconia One 10, 2017 (2 GB RAM / 1.50 GHZ) You can utilize two USB ports for connected printing and charging. We recommend installing a wall mount for use with the Acer tablet at your printing station.
For questions on specific devices please reach out to Jolt Technical Support.