This setup uses Low Energy Bluetooth and requires Third Generation iPads or higher. For Second Generation iPad's refer to the article Zebra Printer | Alternative Setup.
For new printers, refer to the Hardware Setup article to ensure the hardware is setup and ready to be configured to Wi-Fi. If there are any issues during setup, refer to the Troubleshooting Checklist | Zebra Printer.
Before Setup Reminders
▢ Ensure all App and Software versions are updated to the most recent version to have a successful and painless setup experience.
▢ The recommended setup is Wi-Fi, this is a more reliable connection and resolves any problems with staying connected. The Wi-Fi must be a private network or a password protected network.
1. Turn on Bluetooth and then open the Jolt App, go to Settings then Printers.
2. At the top of the Printer Setup page select WiFi Config.
3. Select the Zebra Printer, it begins with 50J and is followed by a series of numbers.
4. Enter in the Wi-Fi password and then select Configure.
5. During this process, the iPad filters through different steps and the printer cycles through the indicator lights. Do not close the App or let the iPad go to sleep.
6. Once this process is complete, on the iPad it will say The WiFi setup was Successful and on the Printer the Status Indicator and Network Lights will both be green.
7. Once the setup is Successful select Done.
a. If the screen says that setup was Not Successful and that it timed out, the password was inputted incorrectly and it will need to be inputted again.
8. The Zebra Printer will read as connected and display under Printers Not Yet Configured as Zebra 50J with the numbers.
9. Select this connection and then name it under Description.
a. An example is, the location or the printer connection (ex. Kitchen Wi-Fi, Zebra Wi-Fi).
10. Select a Label Size, if it has not defaulted to the label size found in the printer.
11. Label Orientation and Label Offset are auto set and do not need to be adjusted.
Select Save once everything is inputted and setup.
The Wi-Fi Connection will display under Configured Printers and will read as Connected. Before printing labels, check the alignment and Calibrate the printer.
If there are any issues during setup, refer to the Troubleshooting Checklist | Zebra Printer.